Important Information Before Placing an Order
Please read over the information below to understand how the Normandale Textbook Depot defines terms and categorizes materials for online orders. If you have any questions, please contact us at 952-352-9251 or email email@example.com.
· Prices and availability of materials are subject to change at any time and will change the total amount of the order.
· We reserve the right to make substitutions if materials are not available in the requested condition.
Every effort is made to fill orders as requested, but if a used book is not available, a new book will automatically be substituted, and vice versa. The total dollar amount of the order will change if substitutions are made. If you do not want a substitution made for an item please remove the item from your cart or a substitution and price change may occur when processing the order.
· PSEO students may only order required material for courses and PSEO funds do not cover any restricted materials.
Art kits at the campus store can also be purchased. Restricted materials include: optional material, school supplies, technology and clothing. PSEO students will be financially responsible for damaged, unreturned or restricted materials ordered and a registration hold will be placed. PSEO students may place an order using a credit or debit card for restricted materials.
· New access codes or eBooks do not come with any used textbooks.
Only new textbooks will include unused access codes. Access codes will have to be purchased separately if the order contains a used book. Used materials can be exchanged for new material within the return policy deadline. We will not replace or refund any used, lost or damaged Access Codes. Please be aware that access codes come on a physical scratch off card and may be included with shrink-wrapped textbooks.
· Materials listed as New Only do not have any used options available.
There will be no used price listed for the item. If you see a used rental price displayed for material that is New Only, it is an error and the item will be substituted for the new rental price.
· Materials listed as Rent Only are not available for purchase.
Items are subject to higher unreturned rental fees and a registration hold will be placed on your account if the rental is damaged or not returned by the rental due date.
· Materials listed as TBD (To Be Determined) or for $0.00 are not free.
This means the item is not in stock and/or a price has not been determined at the time of the order. The item will not ship with the order and will ship separately once the item has been received and priced.
Definitions for Recommended Codes of Materials
· Required (RQ) -- The material is required for class.
· Choose 1 ONLY (C1/C2/C3/C4) -- The textbook required for the course is available in four formats. Please add only one item to the cart. If you are confused about which option to choose contact your instructor for guidance.
o Choose 1 ONLY – Textbook (C1) -- A print version of the textbook, which may include an access code packaged with the book
o Choose 1 ONLY – eBook (C2) -- An online version of the textbook, which comes on a physical scratch off card. This will not be bundled with or come with a physical textbook.
o Choose 1 ONLY – Loose-leaf (C3) -- A loose-leaf version of the textbook, which may include an access code packaged with the book. Loose-leaf textbooks require a 3-ring binder to keep organized.
o Choose 1 ONLY – Rental -- A rental only option of the textbook, which may not be purchased and must be returned by the rental due date to avoid a fee and registration hold.
· Optional Textbook (OP) -- The textbook is not required but is a supplementary resource. Attend class first or contact the instructor to determine if the material is beneficial. Restricted material for PSEO.
· Optional eBook (OE) -- The eBook or Access Code is not required but is a supplementary online resource. Attend class first or contact the instructor to determine if the material is beneficial. Restricted material for PSEO.
· Digital Access (DA) -- Online material available on D2L the first day of class. This material cannot be ordered online or at the textbook depot and is purchased as an additional fee with the tuition of the class. This material is online only and no physical textbook is included.
· Digital Access Optional (DO) -- A print version of the Digital Access online material. This material cannot be ordered online until after the add/drop date of the class and is not available for all Digital Access courses. The materials do not contain any access codes and are sold at discounted prices. Restricted material for PSEO.
· Please Attend Class First (AC) -- Attend class before placing your order. The instructor will give you further instructions regarding the materials needed for class. Do not order this material before attending class. Restricted material for PSEO.
· Reuse from Previous Class (RB) -- The material was used in a previous class. Do not order if you took the previous class and still have the material.
Order Update Actions at Checkout
At checkout the first prompted question will ask “In the event the instructor changes the materials for your course, how would you like to update your order?”. Here is a description of the three answers to choose from.
· Add Only Required -- Required materials will only be added or changed to the order if the instructor makes a change to the course material.
· Add All Materials -- All materials, including required and optional materials will be added to the order if the instructor makes any changes to the course materials for the course.
· Do Not Add to Order -- No changes will be made to the order, even if the instructor changes the course material.